CALLING ALL BABES! Age-Reversal
CALLING ALL BABES!
Has anyone ever told you that by the age of 25 you should start using anti-aging skin care?
That's because the production of collagen and elastin in our skin begins to decline in your late 20's, resulting in the slow decrease in firmness, elasticity and cell turnover.
Main Causes of Skin Aging
The Natural Process: As we get older, our skin will naturally "mature" by losing its elasticity, tone, and firmness. Its simply just a by-product of life! While we may not be able to stop the aging process, we can make lifestyle choices to aid in keeping our skin at its finest!
Smoking: Smoking causes fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. The nicotine in cigarettes causes narrowing of the blood vessels in the outermost layers of your skin. (epidermis) This restricts blood flow to your skin, resulting in much less oxygen than what we need for our general skin health. Resulting the skin to sag and wrinkle.
Drinking: As you may know, alcohol dehydrates your body. Including your skin. Dehydration compromises the regenerative cycle your body enters while you rest. Alcohol is a toxin that contributes to liver damage, hormone dysfunction and cell damage affecting the quality of your skin. Moderation is k e y!
UV Damage: (indoor and outdoors) UV exposure may account for up to 80% of visible signs of aging in the skin. Broad Spectrum protection is crucial for protecting and maintaining healthy youthful looking skin.
The Layers of the Skin
The epidermis is the outermost layer of our skin. This layer of skin is responsible for making new skin cells, produces melanin, and protecting your body. Also known as the toughest layer of the skin
The dermis is next layer of our skin. This layer contains nerve endings, sweat glands and oil glands, hair follicles, and blood vessels. Also a tough layer of the skin providing flexibility and strength
This layer plays a huge roll in our bodies. This tissue layer is a connecting layer that attaches the dermis to the muscles and bones. This layer is responsible for keeping your body temperature from being too hot or too cold and also stores fat
How to combat the signs of aging skin
- Protect yourself against UV damage! Broad Spectrum SPF of 30 or higher, re applied every 1-2 hours will significantly decrease the risk of UV damage, leading to dry, wrinkly, aged skin.
- Avoid smoking and limit drinking!
- Use anti-aging products at 25 years old to maintain your healthy youthful appearance
- Stay Hydrated! Drinking water will flush out toxins, and increase circulation in your skin allowing your skin to function properly
Products we recommend
Dermalogia's Age Smart Line: Age Smart is specifically designed to firm and smooth away the signs of skin aging. This powerful line, contains scientifically advanced ingredients proven to impact the major biochemical reactions that contribute to skin aging before they start. Age smart targets fine lines, age spots, elasticity, wrinkles, pigmentation and firmness with a powerful cocktail of vitamins, peptides, retinoid and minerals.
- Smooth fine lines and wrinkles
- Removes pollutants for cleaner fresher skin
- Protects skin against free radical damage and sun damage
Dermalogica Phyto-Nature Firming Serum
- Flash-firms: Minimizes the appearance of fine lines after just 1 application
- Lifts: Reduces visible wrinkles in just 4 weeks
- Revitalizes: Double skin's luminosity after just 1 application