With the days getting colder and the sun setting earlier we’re all looking to add a little bit of brightness in our life! With that being said I hope you head on down to your local Eccotique, get cozy and treat yourself to a brightening HydraFacial! The HydraFacial is a 3 step medical grade hydra dermabrasion facial. The steps entail cleanse/peel, extract/hydrate and fuse/protect. It is a patented vortex-fusion delivery system to exfoliate, extract and hydrate the skin. Its spiral design delivers painless extractions. The vortex effect easily dislodges and removes impurities while simultaneously delivering hydrating skin solutions into the skin. It addresses all your needs such as...fine lines, wrinkles, elasticity and firmness. Doesn't stop there... evens skin tone, vibrancy and texture. Reduces brown spots and is for ALL skin types even the oily and congested type. Enlarged pores??? YOU GOT IT. Here are some ways to get the benefits of vitamin C
I recently had the HydraFacial with the britenol add on done at Eccotique Pitt Meadows and I have to say the immediate results are so satisfying! Going in my skin was extremely dry and dehydrated with a bit of redness and quite a few sunspots. Not gonna lie… The texture of my skin was the worst it’s ever been. AND, I had a lot of white bumps. During the HydraFacial you feel a cold, tingling sensation. It’s like a mini vacuum sucking out all the impurities. What a satisfying visual right?! The aestheticians take great care in getting every inch of your face and know exactly what your skin needs. After the service my face was incredibly glowy and bright. You would’ve never known how dry and thirsty my skin was thirty minutes earlier. The texture of my skin was much smoother. Especially on my forehead! The sunspots were barely noticeable. Five hours later we checked back in and the redness in my skin was all gone. The next day when I woke up all the white bumps scattered throughout my face were also gone. I couldn’t believe it! I knew things were going to look smoother and more hydrated but the white bumps and the redness… no way. The texture of my skin was still smooth, redness remained gone and still extremely bright! I applied the Prisma Protect moisturizer and the Biolumin C Eye Serum both by Dermalogica to maintain my glowy appearance the next day and the days after. Check it out!
30ml $123.00 / 59ml $192.00
A high-performance Vitamin C serum that works with skin’s own defenses to brighten and firm. Advanced bio-technology fuses ultra-stable Vitamin C and Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, helping to dramatically reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Formulated with advanced technology to deliver more Vitamin C into skin.
- Vitamin C and Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5: minimizes fine lines
- Lactic Acid: accelerates cell turnover
- Sophora Japonica Flower Extract: helps return skin to a calm state after experiencing oxidative stress
- Salvia Hispanica (chia seed): hydrates and helps quench free radicals
My personal favourite is the Biolumin C Eye Serum! A supercharged Vitamin C eye serum that outsmarts visible premature skin aging caused by daily eye movements and environmental stress. Lightweight serum delivers a highly-bioavailable Vitamin C complex to the skin around the eyes to dramatically brighten and visibly firm.
- Peptides: tests show that specific peptides can improve skins texture and elasticity.
- Vitamin C: a powerful antioxidant that fights skin damage to deliver brighter skin.
- Papain Extract (from papaya): gently exfoliates
- Arjun Tree Extract & nutrient rich chia seed soil: a polyphenol-rich natural antioxidant, both rehydrates the skin, improving elasticity and diminishing the appearance of fine lines.
- Nutrient-dense tremella mushroom and micro algae blend: locks in moisture
- Poria mushroom: boosts the skins natural luminosity
Next up is Dermalogica’s Skin Smoothing Cream. This is my holy grail and hands down the best moisturizer I’ve ever used. This moisturizer features a state-of-the-art complex that works on a molecular level to help reduce trans-epidermal water loss. Providing 48 hours of continuous hydration! This moisturizer distributes the hydration throughout the skin and locks it in. Not only that but shielding the skins natural microbiome from environmental stressors
- Dynamic hyaluronic acid complex with mallow cucumber and arnica: distributes and locks in moisture
- Natural-antioxidant grape seed oil extract, vitamin c and vitamin e
- Active 0.5% microencapsulated pure retinol helps increase cell turnover
- Powerful peptides and antioxidant vitamin c helps reduce uneven skin tones and discoloration
- Clinically proven bio energized copper amino acid complex shown to reduce visible wrinkles and improves skin firmness
- Ceramides and active polysaccharides that hydrate and prevent water loss in the skin, softens fine lines.
- Firming complex of skin rebuilding antioxidant vitamins
- Protective silicones
- Red seaweed extract
After you get your HydraFacial, apply an SPF (Prisma Protect) followed by a brightening eye serum (Vitamin C Eye Serum by Dermalogica) each morning. This will leave your skin looking like you just got a HydraFacial each day without fail! Exfoliate once a week to keep your skin texture smooth and remember consistency = lasting results!
After getting a service done that includes a peel of some sort, like the hydrafacial, it is recommended to wait 1 week before using any exfoliants, retinols or exposing your skin to harsh sunlight.
- 90% of skin damage is caused by sun exposure
- After the age of 20 a person produces 1% less collagen in the skin each year
- UVA rays are equally strong on sunny and cloudy days