Laser Hair Removal Post Treatment Care
Following these recommendations will protect your treatment areas during the brief recovery phase and maintain the most favorable results.
• Handle your treatment area gently and avoid shaving for 24 hours. Also avoid hot water and excessive activities for 24 hours.
• Protect your treatment areas from direct exposure to sun or artificial sunlight for 3 weeks before and 3 weeks after treatment, using broad spectrum sunscreen with total block protection at least SPF 30 .Tanning after treatment sessions may result in skin discolorations.
• Remove hair in treatment area 24 hours prior to your next treatment by shaving or clipping.
Do not tweeze, wax, bleach or use depilatories for 3 weeks before treatment and discontinue completely during laser hair removal treatments.
• Apply aloe Vera (alcohol free) to treatment areas to ease temporary discomfort. Cold packs (not frozen) may also be used if swelling occurs.
• Makeup may be applied immediately after facial treatments unless blistering or crusts develop. Since the skin is sensitive during this period, take special care while removing makeup to avoid damaging the skin and risking infections.
• Other Post-Treatment Recommendations; if the treatment site is exposed to dirt, it should be covered with a dressing for ten days. Patients should be advised not to participate in rough sports or similar activities for several days following the treatment, until the skin returns to its normal condition.