What are Peptides?
Peptides are short strings of amino acids. Essentially they are the building blocks of protein. They occur in the skin and are included in many skincare products. Peptides can be absorbed through the skin which then enters your bloodstream quickly.
- Anti-aging properties (collagen peptide, for example)
- Improves your skins health
- Anti-inflammatory properties (eases inflammation and repairs damaged skin)
- Improves the skins barrier
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Can help clear breakouts since some peptides are antimicrobial
Pro Tip: Choose the second active carefully! Peptides work well with a secondary ingredient. This includes vitamin c, niacinamide, antioxidants and hyaluronic acid.