The benefits of mineral makeup
- Mineral makeup has a built in sunscreen! It contains ingredients such as titanium oxide and zinc oxide which act as a sun protectant.
- It provides full coverage using natural ingredients. Makeup usually contains talc, a building agent. This makes for a heavier base and less pigment which equals more layering! No talc means more pigment for you to work with.
- Lightweight! Mineral makeup is lightweight and it’s packed with the good stuff, no pesky additives. This means longer wear. It doesn’t settle into fine lines, creases or crevasses. BONUS, it can withstand temperature changes, so, it won’t melt off your face in the sun or flake off in the negative degrees.
- It is AMAZING for all skin types. Let me explain, it benefits sensitive skin because it’s non comedogenic. This means it’s not going to clog up your pores, instead its going to let your skin breathe and the reason for that being it doesn’t contain artificial colors, oils, perfumes or preservatives. It benefits acne prone skin for that reason as well. Keeping your pores from clogging is KEY! If you have rosacea this will benefit you because these products don’t contain talc or chemical dyes that can potentially irritate the skin. Mineral makeup can easily correct surface redness.
At Eccotique, we carry two beautiful mineral makeup lines - Aveda & Glo. Your just in luck... we are having a sale!
a v e d a
Aveda is certified organic and naturally derived
More than 50% of the molecule comes from a plant, non-petroleum mineral, & other natural resources
It is sourced from sustainable or renewable plant-based origins and does not negatively impact our ecosystem
The packaging of the tubes is 100% post consumer recycled carton.
g l o b e a u t y
- Glo is formulated with pharmaceutical grade ingredients that deliver anti-aging, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial benefits.
- It’s non comedogenic, which again, won’t clog up your pores and cause breakouts. Its buildable makeup, triple milled, so that concentrated pigments lay down smoother on your skin. This makes it more effective, even and long lasting. It also protects your skin.
- The foundations offer mineral sun protection that is equivalent to SPF 15. It’s broad spectrum as well, so, it will protect you against the UVA and UVB rays.
- It also protects against environmental damage because of the vitamin A, C, E and green tea, all are highly effective protection against free radicals
- Another benefit of Glo makeup is you can use it post treatment! By that I mean, after you get a Dermalogica Pro 60 Peel or get lasered at our Langley location you can use Glo makeup to cover any redness! That’s because it’s non occlusive so it will let your skin BREATHE.