The benefits of mineral makeup
Hello beautiful beings! My name is Destiny, I’m a front end coordinator at Eccotique in Pitt Meadows, and this week I’m going to be giving you the details and benefits of mineral makeup.
- Mineral makeup has a built in sunscreen! It contains ingredients such as titanium oxide and zinc oxide which act as a sun protectant.
- It provides full coverage using natural ingredients. Makeup usually contains talc, a building agent. This makes for a heavier base and less pigment which equals more layering! No talc means more pigment for you to work with.
- Lightweight! Mineral makeup is lightweight and it’s packed with the good stuff, no pesky additives. This means longer wear. It doesn’t settle into fine lines, creases or crevasses. BONUS, it can withstand temperature changes, so, it won’t melt off your face in the sun or flake off in the negative degrees.
- It is AMAZING for all skin types. Let me explain, it benefits sensitive skin because it’s non comedogenic. This means it’s not going to clog up your pores, instead its going to let your skin breathe and the reason for that being it doesn’t contain artificial colors, oils, perfumes or preservatives. It benefits acne prone skin for that reason as well. Keeping your pores from clogging is KEY! If you have rosacea this will benefit you because these products don’t contain talc or chemical dyes that can potentially irritate the skin. Mineral makeup can easily correct surface redness.
Makeup artists in the industry are raving about mineral makeup. Michelle Radow who is a makeup artist for HBO’s The Brink said “Glo Skin Beauty products are such high quality, you can feel it during the application process and see it after a 14 hour shooting day.” The makeup artist for the Netflix show, Grace & Frankie said “Two of my male actors do not like to wear makeup but allow me to use mineral foundations because its fast, gives full coverage and it doesn’t look like they are wearing makeup.”
At Eccotique, we carry two beautiful mineral makeup lines - Aveda & Glo. Your just in luck... we are having a sale!
a v e d a
Aveda is certified organic and naturally derived
More than 50% of the molecule comes from a plant, non-petroleum mineral, & other natural resources
It is sourced from sustainable or renewable plant-based origins and does not negatively impact our ecosystem
The packaging of the tubes is 100% post consumer recycled carton.
The Inner Light mineral tinted moisturizer is one of my favorites. It contains 100% mineral derived color and its non acnegenic. It’s also cruelty free and vegan! It goes evenly on the skin and cancel’s out any redness. The ingredients Aveda is free from are gluten, parabens, drying alcohol, propylene glycol, mineral oil, petroleum, ethanolamine (DEA + TEA), carmine and formaldehyde.
g l o b e a u t y
- Glo is formulated with pharmaceutical grade ingredients that deliver anti-aging, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial benefits.
- It’s non comedogenic, which again, won’t clog up your pores and cause breakouts. Its buildable makeup, triple milled, so that concentrated pigments lay down smoother on your skin. This makes it more effective, even and long lasting. It also protects your skin.
- The foundations offer mineral sun protection that is equivalent to SPF 15. It’s broad spectrum as well, so, it will protect you against the UVA and UVB rays.
- It also protects against environmental damage because of the vitamin A, C, E and green tea, all are highly effective protection against free radicals
- Another benefit of Glo makeup is you can use it post treatment! By that I mean, after you get a Dermalogica Pro 60 Peel or get lasered at our Langley location you can use Glo makeup to cover any redness! That’s because it’s non occlusive so it will let your skin BREATHE.
My fave Glo product is the Luminous Liquid Foundation, its perfect for a night out (or in during these unpredictable times). Its active ingredients are octinoxate 5% and titanium dioxide 10%. Octinoxate filters out UVB rays and shields the skin from sunburns and potential skin cancer. Titanium dioxide is the active ingredient in sunscreen and works as a UV filtering ingredient. It helps protect the skin by blocking absorption of the suns ultraviolet light
Our sale is running online and in-store while supplies last.
Apply a SPF before your foundation. My favorite is the Prisma Protect from Dermalogica. Then go in with your foundation, since the mineral makeup has built in SPF you’re getting double sun protection! The Prisma Protect / Foundation combo leaves your skin with a natural sun kissed glow.